A gorgeous shot of California poppies to honor my home state! Photo Credit: heyrc
But that's okay! I've been busy planting roots and digging in heels, because we'll be in our new home for at least four years (the minimum duration of my husband's PhD. program). That might not sound like very long, but I've moved six times in the last seven years. To say that I'm ready to be settled is a gross understatement!
The moving process got off to a bumpy start but, thanks to my dear friend Caitlin (who flew to Texas in order to help us!), we were able to make it across three states with a teething baby, a 17-year old cat, and a U-Haul trailer crammed to its full capacity!
Some neat things happened along the way, and there's one story in particular I'd like to share in an upcoming blog entry.
I'd also love to share about my ongoing nesting marathon! I'm having a grand old time turning this place into a home. It has been a sloooow process, but things are coming together, bit by bit.
It feels so wonderful to be home!

No comments:
Post a Comment